Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Countdown to Kindergarten

Next on my To-Do List:

1. Organizing the cube shelving in the schoolroom: Pending.

Here is my chicken scratch worksheet. It is written in code and only makes sense to me....



And Thing 2 helped decorate it with his very first I written by himself!


I made a huge Container Store order today for this purpose. I discovered that I can get a 15% teacher discount by registering as a home educator. Every little bit helps.


The husband is being very understanding with the loads of money going out recently in the name of homeschooling. He says, "When you're happy, I'm happy." In truth, he likes it when things are organized. The boys room system, for example, allows him to find something quickly and easily on his own even though he is not the one who cleans it up daily.


2. Ordering school materials: Done.

I probably spent more money on this than most frugal homeschoolers, but I know my creativity limits...I don't have to look far to find them. As my confidence grows, maybe I will try more money-saving options in the future.


3. Getting a new desk for the school room: Pending.

I am on my carpenter brother-in-law's wait list for a corner desk. I can't wait.

No comments: