Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Library Help

I learned something this week!  Well, I learned a lot this week, but this is one of my favorite lessons.  I don't have to go to the library to look up books in the card catalogue and request inter-library loans.

Is it still called a card catalogue even though it is on the computer?

Just go to the library's website, put in your Borrower Bar Code Number from your library card, put in your pin number (you might have to call the library for this info), then search and request away.  The local library calls when the books arrive.

I have a list of nearly 200 books that we want to read this year, so this will be very handy!  My list came from The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease.  I made an Excel spreadsheet of all the books in my kids' age range, and we are checking them off as we go.  It's nice to have a list to work through instead of just closing our eyes and picking 10 books when we go to the library.

I'm off to the library, list in hand.  I like it.

No comments: