Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Rule

I have a rule for myself. In the morning, I must read something on paper before I read anything electronic. It's a shame I even had to make this rule, but it has helped. There are a lot of good things to be read electronically. I have the Bible on my phone, for goodness sake. However, electronic is distracting. I can click a few times and completely forget what I logged on for in the first place. Paper reading is one-track. As long as I keep the same book in my hands, there's no chance I will forget why I picked it up.
This morning I read a few chapters in Elder S.F. Moore's autobiography. It made me wonder why we would consider it "hard" to attend any church meeting when we can drive in an air-conditioned vehicle with plush, adjustable seats and most of the time be back in our own beds at night. (If it is not our own beds, it certainly is not outside on the ground with the wild animals.)
Just a thought sparked by paper reading.

1 comment:

Rebekah Sacran said...

I love this and I think I might steal it.