Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten, Part I

I was a little sentimental last night as it was the last night in my life I would be the mother of only preschoolers. Then I woke up this morning, and it was down to business. The boys were slow to get started but eventually got rolling and finished chores in record time.

Thing 1 was anxious to get started.


Thing 2 just wanted to play with the Tag Reader…In his cowboy vest…With handcuffs and a whistle in his pocket. This was okay with me because it kept him very entertained.




We began the morning with prayer, a devotion, the Pledge, and songs. I know it sounds formal, but Thing 1 already knows the Pledge of Allegiance, and I think if we say it every day, eventually Thing 2 will catch on. Also I want to start teaching them some patriotic songs, so we sang the first verse of America the Beautiful. This was okay with Thing 1, but halfway through, he said, "I'm ready to just do the real schoolwork."

Continued in Part II because of technical difficulties.....

No comments: