Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reading Practice

Thing1 and I keep an easy chapter book going for his reading practice in school.  At the beginning of the school year, we started Henry and Mudge, and I had to force him to read two pages.  He would beg for "just one." 

Fast forward to December 1.

He recently finished Frog and Toad are Friends (Arnold Lobel) by reading the last two chapters in one sitting.  I'd say that's a big improvement for 3 1/2 months.  His favorite story was about Toad's swimsuit. 

He gets ridiculously excited about finding out what is on the next page.  He was reading a book called Little Lucy the other day.  It is basic.  It is not a thriller.  As he turned the page about halfway through, he shuddered and said, "This just gets excitinger and excitinger!"

Next on our list is Owl at Home, also by Lobel.  These are at a good level that is a little challenging but mostly fun.  I guess I need to look at something a little more challenging for next semester.  I would love to have some ideas on what we should try next.

No comments: